Part of the cottage used to be the old bakery and is now a big comfortable family kitchen/dining room and a totally unique bathroom sits in the site of the old bread oven itself with a sunken bath in the fire pit. On the ground floor there is also a cool spacious lounge and a double bedroom. The upper floor is reached via a bespoke spiral staircase where there are two more double bedrooms and a bright dressing room. The airy landing has double doors leading out onto the roof terrace and pool.
Adjoining the cottage is a spacious one level apartment, comprising 2 double bedrooms,one with a double bed and the other with 2 singles. An open plan high ceiling kitchen/dining/living space, and bathroom with shower with seat (suitable for those with limited mobility). Being part of the original bakery it now has double glazed windows with mosquito blinds throughout, and the original marble floors have been retained.
Guests have sole use of the 10m rooftop pool and large terrace which is very peaceful and has lovely views of the surrounding countryside, sea and Albanian mountains.
Apartment bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a double bed and bedroom 2 has 2 singles, all with new orthopedic mattresses and Egyptian cotton bed linen. Cot with ‘Coolmax’ mattress available on request for babies. Ironing board, iron and airer.
Apartment bathroom: With WC, shower with seat.
Apartment kitchen: New tabletop cooker with oven, grill and three ring hob. Fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle. Good range of utensils and cookware.
Apartment living room: Sofabed and chair, open fireplace, dining table and chairs.
The rooftop pool and100sqm roof terrace are for guests sole use, access is via steps outside the cottage so may not be suitable for people with limited mobility. There are plenty of sunbeds, loungers and chairs. You will find ample parking at the end of the drive with olive trees for shade. Access is via a private gated drive there is secure parking and well maintained outside areas. During the holiday season we live in a separate building, the Bothy at the end of the driveway so we are on hand for daily pool and garden maintenance and if you need us for anything during your stay.
Please note that as the pool is unheated it is usually in use from around the end of May onwards. Being a rooftop pool children must be accompanied at all times, it has been designed for gentle swimming and cooling off, for those who want to go mad the Hydropolis water park, and of course sea are five minutes down the road!
What we provide:
* Although transfers are not included, we are happy to arrange for a taxi to meet you at the airport on your arrival. We can also assist in car/bike hire, being familiar with several hire companies, and if you have already have car hire arranged, we will email you a set of detailed directions to us before your arrival to make your journey easy.
* We will meet you here to give you your keys on arrival and show you the pool, roof terrace and parking areas and answer any questions you may have. Rest assured we are on hand anytime during your stay ,from how to top up your mobile to where to find an emergency dentist, we can help.
* We provide essential items in our welcome pack just to get you started and give you the chance to chill out with a drink and something to eat on your arrival;
Red/white wine/beers, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, fruit juice, bottled water, bread, butter and some home baked treats, especially welcome after an early/late flight!
We also provide the little things like washing up liquid and sponges, surface cleaners, bin bags, hand wash and a plug adapter to make things easier. Also a comprehensive folder of useful information your apartment and local area, reccommended tavernas and a list of emergency numbers, alongside a selection of books of interest you might dip into during your stay.
* We offer all of our guests complimentary hand picked table olives, Extra virgin olive oil, homemade marmalade and free range eggs (courtesy of our six lovely hens!) for their stay. All of this produce is organic, grown and produced here by us at the Old Bakery.__
* Towels and linen are changed weekly.
* Pool and outside areas are maintained daily.
* Luggage weighing on departure! We’ve all been there, it gets to the end of the holiday and the suitcase is packed to go home, bursting at the seams with local moonshine, olives and stuffed donkeys and you’re trying to guess it’s weight. We have invested in a digital luggage weighing device so you can be sure you’re not over the weight limit on your return trip!
Acharavi has everything you would need on holiday, banks, supermarkets, shops, tavernas, beaches, bus network, post office,chemists, medical centres and dentists it’s one of the larger towns on the north coast. Agios Martinos is on the main route to Pandokratoros, the highest point of the island and well worth a visit. Hydropolis, a large water park is about a five minute drive from the apartment, just outside Acharavi. Take a look at our location gallery for more info on the surrounding area.
A 20% deposit is required to secure bookings, please note this is non refundable, with the remaining balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival. For last minute bookings please contact for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Rental Period 2015
||Min. Stay (Nights)|
|1 – 31 May 2015
|1 – 30 June 2015
Cottage (sleeps 6)
|1 July – 31 Aug 2015
Cottage and Apartment combined (sleeps 10)
|1 Sept – 31 Sept
Cottage (sleeps 6 )